6.24.2005

been a long time...

Well, I've been in the Adirondacks for about a week and a half now and things are going quite well. For one, it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL up here. Second, and perhaps one of the most important details in making this summer one of the best it can be... drum roll please... there are almost NO BLACK FLIES! HURRAY! I'm saved! God DOES love me. ;) I've already hiked one High Peak - Colden Mt. - and a couple other lower peak mountains, and yesterday Kevin (my "mountain-man" bearded co-leader) and I went canoeing with a 15 yr. old guide for the entire day. I love my job. I could do this, ohhh... for a very long time. grins And next week we're taking a group of kids rock climbing on Moss Island (I have no idea where that is) for 3 days, our first trip of the summer. It's going to be a good summer.

3 comments:

KJBLS said...

oh, i LOVE you. :)
i had been meaning to ask about the black flies! yay!

i will see you in less than a month!

lots of hugs and love,
k

Andy and EmmaTrenier said...

sorry this is a random visit.

But this is a great blog...followed a link via Henri Nouwen off someone elses blog and found you like all the same stuff as us!

Take it easy :)

Andy and Em

KJBLS said...

will you post pics from the adirondacks (please?)