6.04.2006

my day today

today was good, but i was tired. i went to church at one of the churches i teach english at. araya. the people there are wonderful. i love them!!! after the worship service part we always each lunch together, which we did today too. one of the ladies that comes is my mom's age and has a 21 yr old daughter who's been severely depressed. one of the other lady's with very limited english expressed it as "she is sick in her heart"... a very accurate, sombering description. it makes me remember that with all the problems i run to, or all the trouble i get myself into, it's really not as bad as i think it is or as bad as it could be. i'm healthy and energetic and i love life and i find joy in life and i don't struggle with wanting to live or living out each day. i've never walked in her daughter's shoes once, not a day. so while i have my own various and sundry problems... it's good to put them in perspective. anyway, i met her daughter today because she brought her to church. she was very slow and out of it because she'd just gotten out of the hospital a little while ago, couple days or so. she reminded me of the kind of porcelain that is so thin and fragile and delicate that if you hold it up to the light, you can see the light shine through it. i was afraid she was going to shatter in my hands. but i asked her if she was coming back on june 18 (i teach at 2 different churches, so i got to each one every other week), and she said she would come. i'm glad. and after church i went to a band concert of 2 of my little 3rd grade girls. they were adorable, of course. and hearing concert/jazz band play reminded me a ton of highschool and playing in the concert/jazz/marching band. grins ah! the memories! nazukashi! (ask amy for translation) hehehehe i miss making music! there's a part of my heart that won't escape the barriers i erect around it except by bursting out through my fingertips in the music i make. i stopped at the park for some peace and green and trees and water and flowers and nature on my way to my apt, and now i'm back, thoroughly exhausted, it's almost 7 and i could have gone to bed an hour ago. except now i'm going to download and print off study materials for the GRE because i'm going to take it in the fall when i get back to NY. ugh. i hate standardized tests with the fiery passion of 10,000 flaming arrows spewing across a pitchblack sky. grins
and that was my day. :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love you SO much. Thank you so so much for your letter--I got it in the mail today. After a horribly long, extremely stressful day, ending in a really stressful band rehearsal, your letter and pictures were exactly what I needed.