7.16.2006

2 random facts about today. no! 3.

random fact #1:
This morning I fed stale rice crackers to a frenzied mob of big-mouth carp on the way to the train station to go to church. 'Twas one of the happiest moments of my morning. :)
Lesson learned: Mottainai (Japanese for: waste not). Save stale rice crackers for hungry frenzied mob of big-mouth carp.

random fact #2:
I took a zillion close-ups of these incredibly gorgeous hydrangea outside my apt window. Wished I could have turned into a very miniature me for a little while and bounded across the puddles of water caught on the colorful petals.
some pictures:




(this one is from this past Monday)

random fact #3:
A very handsome police officer rang my doorbell this afternoon. ;) He was so flustered to see a foreigner answer the door that he didn't quite know what to do (it was cute). He took down my name and birthday and where I worked, and said he was from the local police station and if I ever needed help I should call his cellphone anytime and he'd come.
hahaha
HELP! ;)
grins

4 comments:

KJBLS said...

you had me laughing out loud. you will make my year if you end up going on a date with a cute cop. that would be the greatest story.

and the hydrangeas are beautiful!

tskd said...

yah! call the cop! excellent stories to be had for future children. :) (which incidentally, is why katrina did half the crazy things she did in college..."to tell my children later!!" :)

also, i disagree with dan entirely. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy was a very large poop. If I haven't thrown my copy away though, I shall send it to you. but only if you promise never to return it. :)

the reified bean said...

nonsense diercks' woman! the hitchhiker's guide is the seminal collection of all that is awesome about cynical British humor. MUST READ! and you should call your police officer friend and kindly explain to him that all your friends in America really want to know what Japanese police uniforms look like so if he could kindly stop by for a photo of the two of you...
someone will win a scavenger hunt.
:)

Whitfield said...

hahaha!! I would be very tempted were it not for me not quite catching what he said his name was... Ma-- (he said it too fast!), and not writing his number down. hehe 81--- something something something. I could always walk to the police station and ask them where the handsome 24-yr old police officer who patrols the Izumi district is... but then they might be a little suspicious that perhaps I'm not in need of help... I did remember him saying he was 24. ;) grins