10.26.2004

rafiki zangu... amigos mios... my friends...

Right at this moment i am sitting in the ISA lounge with 4 of my very good friends... Tegani, Kat, Hiram, and Becca... we are talking about how to pronounce shite so that it doesn't count; why men shouldn't bite women until their married; thinking for 5 minutes before opening your mouth; how God works in people's lives to get them married; "if my dog weren't already dead, I'd go home and kick him" (quoted by Tegan from Brittain); Tegan's many many and glorious accents; born linguists; why there isn't any Spanish influence in the Middle East and Africa; Kat has the Hero song stuck in her head and Hiram is wondering when Kat is going to start talking about God; why sleep is a beautiful thing... Tegan and Beccs left. :( They're going to sleep. :) I'm not going to sleep for a while yet. :0 fraa! Would it be bad if I skipped Swahili tomorrow morning?
It's OK if you're devotions aren't constant... sometimes you need to lean on the faith of your friends... and that's OK. Stop appearing to be perfect in your walk. The church is a group of people who know they are sinners... Friends are beautiful beautiful things... not things, people... gifts... blessings... incredible incredible blessings
Our house is so blessed by our friendships... we have such a strong and comfortable bond. The Lord will never cease to move, unsettle, amaze me.
Dan just came in. Another good friend!
I need concentrate on Cuba now. Tis going to be a late night... grins

No comments: