11.12.2006

Down in the not-quite-so-deep South. :)

With Laura and Phil and their housemates, Bill and Tad (although Tad has been gone most of the time I've been here). Yup. I drove from NY to Charleston, SC. Long drive, but I got to spend the night with Tegan, Mike, and Tegan's friend Karli on the way down. And now I get to hang out with Laura, who I hadn't seen since she and my mom were with me in Japan in May, and meet all of her and Phil's friends (wonderful people).
I have to add... it's November, and I am THOROUGHLY enjoying the beautiful sunny warm weather of the southerly regions. ;)
And of course, what is an update without accompanying pictures. :)

Laura and Phil and their 2 dogs, Minnie and Naya (very VERY cute).


Playing cards with their friends, Alana and Jeremy (and not yet born Charlotte :) ).


Having all sorts of fun :) (me and Laura and Phil's housemate, Bill).



I even got a motorcycle ride (a REAL motorcycle!) with Bill! grins I could definitely get used to that. haha Anyway, more fun and adventures to come, I'm sure.
Being with Laura and Phil has been a blessing. A needed break from home, some time to myself to study for the dreaded GRE and continue to crank out the grad applications, and just have fun. I miss peers. Spending time with my family has been wonderful, but I most definitely miss friends. And being here surrounded by friends who are also peers has been an incredible blessing. :)

No comments: