10.04.2005

Keiko

I made a new friend last night. She's living at Eiko church (a 2 min walk from my apt) and her name is Keiko. She speaks enough English so that we can have a pretty good conversation and she's teaching me Japanese words along the way, too (Wed I start my Japanese class). I get awfully lonely at night, and I think she does too (she's 31 and single - a lot of women are). So, hopefully I'll be getting to know her really well. I like her a lot. And I really need a friend who is close by. One of those tangible things. She's a gift and I'm thankful.

Here's a view from my roof. Behind me is a very nice black fence that I climbed over to sit where I'm not supposed to - necessary, of course, to get the best view. :) I love the mountainside view. By the time I left the roof, though, the west side was looking pretty spectacular with a stunning sunset. I've never seen the sky in ripples like that before.


1 comment:

sweetmiss said...

hello beautiful!!! i'm so thankful to have re-found your blog! wow. i'm so proud of you. and so stoked to know you. and, i'd actually really like to write you a real letter... so float me that address, yah? : ) love you, deanna