2.09.2006

something beautiful and something fun



so the other night it was freezing...

and snowing...

niether one unusual.

And it was absolutely beautiful. So beautiful, in fact, that I went back into the cold after being inside my nice warm (sometimes not-so-warm) apartment. And I stayed in the cold for around 30 min. playing with my camera and all the fun things it was doing with snowflakes and darkness and flashes and fogginess and whatever else.
And eventually I became numb to the cold. :) And then I realized that not feeling my hands was probably a bad thing. ;)

so. The fruits of my numb fingers. grins

and now the something fun...

SKIING!! yes, I went skiing! The first time in 5 years, the 4th in my entire 23 years of living, and I had SO MUCH FUN. And I didn't die. grins And I actually only fell 3 times the entire day (the 4th didn't count because I was standing still and kind of fell over sideways). This is much improved from the last time I went skiing... the appropriate question for that fun day would have been: 'How many runs did you take and NOT fall?' And the answer would have been: 1. 10 hours of skiing, 1 run without falling... the last of the entire day. My knees and thighs and elbows turned colors they never had a right to be. But I must add that it wasn't entirely due to poor skiing skills. The skiis were too long and I was skiing on ice, so mix that with an inexperienced skiier and you're just asking her to fall down all the time. But not this time!! wahoo-ii! So, here be a little documentation of the day... from 6:45 am to on our way home.

(this is Christopher, the Bengtson's 11 yr old son... and these are our thoughts on being awake right now)

sugoi yuki da ne?! (crazy snow, eh?!)

grins

a slope that I didn't go down... if I had, I wouldn't be here writing this right now... I'd be in the hospital in a lot of pain.

winter wonderland

And right now I'm eating frozen blueberries with sugar and frozen milk (freezes when you pour it over the frozen blueberries)... mmmm yummy. grins

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

rachel! have i told you of my one and only skiing experience? and how come i don't see you on skype any more?? i miss chatting with you!

sam

Michelle said...

you just made me so happy!

tskd said...

oh Rachel rachel, you are a martyr for the cause. You went skiing in the freezing cold AND had fun??! So impressed I am! And you only fell one time!!!! perhaps YOu can be my next skiing tutor as the one and only time i've tried...didn't go so well.

My main question is...why are you eating frozen blueberries. those are cold. Why not...hot blueberries. Or tea. Or both. In a hot bath. Or not...since your bathroom isn't heated. :) Nevermind that last bit then!

Paul said...

Hey Rach!

I'm SOOOOOO jealous that you were skiing. I miss that a lot, but actually being a poor college student for the first real time in my life is forcing me to make sacrifices!

Incidentally, your mom was ordering cardstock for our wedding invitations about a month ago...have you heard anything from her about that? Should I call her or send her a check or anything?

Blessings and looking forward to May!!!
PWS