4.03.2007

From June 4 - August 10...

Guesswhat guesswhat! I'm working with Journey's End in Buffalo this summer! :)

I'm excited because...

*I get to work with kids. :)
*And not just any kids, but international kids (most of them are refugees from Africa, I believe).
*I'll be applying and continuing to extend all of the things I've learned through my experiences teaching English in Japan and working as a substitute teacher at Naples Elem School this spring (since Feb).
*Yet another stretching experience - I'm totally out of my comfort zone in the inner city. Akita, Japan is a far cry from Buffalo, NY. BUT I'm really looking forward to learning as I'm teaching and getting to know these kids and their families and familiarizing myself (along with the other teachers) with "life in the city" for the time that we're there.
*Where we'll be living is close enough to Journey's End to bike or walk back and forth. (Hurray for cutting back on the use of fossil fuels!)

And if I think of anything else, I'll add to the list (I'm sure there will be more). :)

No comments: