9.22.2008

Settling in to UEA

Hello everyone! So, I've arrived at UEA (last Thursday), and have now been in England for my first full week!! Hard to believe that ALREADY a week has gone by... I have a feeling these feelings of horror and astonishment ;) are going to be an ongoing theme for the rest of this year.

So far... I've met LOADS of other international students, and a lot of those being postgrads, as well as quite a few UK students that I've hit it off well with. There's even a girl (Hannah) who is from Norwich in my department (there are 6 or 7 of us in Rural Dev) who has invited me to go with her to church! We've hit it off quite well, and I'm really looking forward to not only developing a solid friendship with her, but with others as well (there's a Taiwanese girl, Vicky, who lives on my flat floor, and we've hit it off as well!). So all that to say, I don't think I'll be suffering for lack of friendships. :)
As far as the course of study goes, I couldn't be more pleased and excited! I think this is going to be a tremendous year of growth, among students (young and old alike) who are as passionate in their fields as I, and among staff who are tremendously engaged and supportive. God has TRULY blessed me in bringing me to this place. And for some icing on the cake, the campus itself is really quite gorgeous - lakes, fields, trails, marshes, rivers... millions of rabbits nibbling away on the lawn. I'm not kidding. I've never seen so many rabbits in my entire life!!! I think I counted around 30 or so? in an area the size of a basketball court. Holy crap! No wonder Beatris Potter wrote about Peter Rabbit in the Briar Patch (and no wonder the farmer was always so infuriated!)! ;) hehe

Well, assignments are already calling... grins I'll try and keep a running update posted, along with pictures.

No comments: