11.09.2004

peace...

God's peace is amazing...
Peace in the midst of uncertainty
turmoil
fear
confusion
It's a peace that is
not because there is peace around me, or even inside me
But a peace that transcends these
maybe even permeates them
A peace that, considering all things rational, should not exist
but does
Is there really such a thing as inner
or outer
peace?
Is God's peace greater
than inner and outer
does it transcend these dichotomies?
it would seem so...
As soon as I try to grab hold of a definite meaning, explanation of this peace
like sand it sifts through my fingers
it cannot be grasped
explained defined
held contained
It seems to me that one simply has a realization that it is present
that He is present
with you
in your confusion, frustration, distress, frenzy
even in your disquiet and restlessness

i want to cry
release my pain
shed my burden
have Him peel the dragon skin away
the peace that i have written of is still there
but seems far off
i know it is there
not because i feel it
but because Christ will never take it away
"I will never leave you nor forsake you."
so i shall hold him at his word
the Word
and pray that i can know that peace more profoundly

No comments: