3.30.2006

computer update

So, I just found this so incredibly hilarious that I had to share it with y'all. I ran "ErrorSafe" on my laptop (because a screen popped up recommending I do this) and here's what it came up with:

Warning! ErrorSafe has detected 2489 SEVERE SYSTEM THREATS on your computer. The errors on your computer are very likely to create further problems if not fixed immediately, such as:
** lost documents and profile settings
** physical data loss
** system not starting up
** system slowdowns, crashes and freezes
You need to register ErrorSafe to fix these errors.
Click "Repair" to register the application and fix all the errors found....

Needless to say, I clicked "Repair". And then it went ahead and told me that I would have to pay about $40 for this software... And that's when I clicked the "X" box. My laptop is doomed anyway. I certainly got a good laugh out of it though. I didn't know it was possible to have that many "severe system threats."

1 comment:

rebequinha said...

Wow...that's all I can say...Wow! How can you have a number that big? You'd think that if there were THAT many problems, you wouldn't even be able to turn it ON! In order for your computer to still be working with that many problems, there must be that many more things going RIGHT, right? :) And how silly of them to charge you $40 to use their silly fixer-program. If they could get the "use our program to fix your problems" ad on your computer for free, they should be able to actually fix it for free, too! Silly people...