3.16.2006

This is my kind-of-new-friend, Hisa.

He and Brooke and I went ice skating on Sunday.
Hisa is awesome. And I kind of have a crush on him... grins :)
He's kind of a hippie.
I always get crushes on kind-of-hippies. I can't help it - even if it's just a teeny tiny little crush.
He has a very gentle personality and a good heart. He likes to talk about things besides the weather... like important things... like world things... like things that I'm passionate about. It's hard to come by people like that here. Not very many people are interested or care.
He taught himself English... and is phenominal at it. Those smart language-type people... ;)

He's moving to Australia on Tuesday, this coming Tuesday, for 2 years. I'm sad to see him leave, but excited for what these next 2 years could bring him.

One night he asked me about God and said he wished he could know God so he could have someone to guide him. I was surprised. Very surprised. I made him a "going away card"... and I copied Jeremiah 29:11-13 in Japanese and English on it. It took me an hour to copy 3 verses in kanji and hiragana (the hiragana is no problem. the kanji gave me a headache.). But it was well worth it. He seemed very moved by it when I gave it to him and he read it.

Part of me wants him to stay because I want the chance to be better friends. Part of me wants him to stay because I have a crush on him. *sheepish grin

And part of me wants him to stay because there's so much I'd like to share with him about God... But perhaps God has something in mind for him in Australia, and I'm praying it's so.

And I think if you met Hisa, you'd like him too.

It's hard saying goodbye to friends... even to new ones.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in Australia is he going?

KJBLS said...

i love how candid you are!

(i.e., i love that you wrote about a crush. ;-)

miss you, rach.

tskd said...

well, Rachel dearest, perhaps they have echo in Australia?!

Anonymous said...

sweetness! isn't it so cool how god orchestrates this kind of thing? what a wonderful opportunity to minister to another of god's creatures. props to you for making the card. and here's to hoping it might work out...

another note - wanna make me a mug? =) that would be sweet! thanks for the b-day wishes. it is 23. (does that make me younger than you or older?) many blessings. see you in may!

Whitfield said...

to reply to all in turn...

unfortunately, i cannot partake of anything alcoholic while i'm in japan. contract. cultural reasons.

He's going to Melbourne, I
believe. Know of anyone there I can introduce him to?

i miss you, too kat!

tegani... hehe i thought of that, actually. hahaha

one Japanese mug coming right up! ;) happy 23rd birthday hiram! and that would make you about 6 months younger than me. grins see you in May!

Anonymous said...

We are actually going to be farther up the coast, in Coffs Harbour, but since Chuck has friends in Melbourne, I'm sure we'll spend some time there. However, his buddy, Sam (who is dating Christie Gardiner from Houghton) lives in Melbourne. He's an awesome guy. And actually, Christy is moving there shortly, as well! So there's a couple people! i bet Chuck could give you more info - but they are great people!

rebequinha said...

Hehehe...join the club of random crushes! :) Like I was telling my friend Hilary the other night, sometimes it's fun to entertain figments...for a little while... *grin*

Anonymous said...

Rachel!! you are adorable. I can't wait to see you and catch up on all the adventures you have been having. I love you!
Amy