1.16.2006

as if i wasn't clueless enough

i now have a news channel in arabic with japanese subtitles...

help?

but in other news...
i just found out that instead of being a week in the US for Kat's wedding, i can now be there for a week and a half! woohoo! that means i'll be in houghton for graduation, and still have enough days with my family so that they won't feel shorted for time by me going to houghton for a day. joyousness! (hm. don't think i've ever used that word before... it's fun! it probably isn't a word... amy? sam? my speed scrabble/boggle buddies? where are my human dictionaries?!)

HAHAHA
so guess what just happened! the arabic news/japanese subtitles changed to american news with english subtitles (ummm...) and just as i was wondering what the point of that was for japanese people, a narrative-type voice came on saying that there would now be subtitles in japanese. ok... same news report... but with japanese subtitles (still in english). then said voice came on again saying that there would again be english subtitles (i'm getting a little confused). then i (supposedly a japanese person) get a vocabulary lesson from all the words that were repeated in the "news cast." it was played a 4th time. happy english learning. and now the real news has come on. in japanese. no subtitles. and i'm still as clueless as ever.
grins

ahhh, the life of a gaijin (foreigner). ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes it is a word. even if it isn't, we can always assign it to the special category of "rachel's speed scrabble and boggle collection of obfuscated words."

muwahaha!

Whitfield said...

:P

hey! some of those were real words!!

grins

Michelle said...

If I was there I could watch your Arabic news with you. I did it lots of times last semester to get credit for my Arabic class. Unfortunatley, I never understood a single word, aside from things like "Hello." So if your Arabic news was full of a bunch of people saying "Hello." "Hello!" "Hi!!" "Howdy!" or something like that I could probably help you out. Beyond that, I'm clueless.

Oh yeah, if the news mentions the United Nations I can help you out there, too.

It's raining!! Wondrous!! It rains so seldom here that makes me really happy :) :) :) (three big grins!)