1.22.2006

days like today are why i am here

#1
English Bible Class...
2 ladies - Teruko and Tokiko - and Mrs. T, the pastor's wife at Eiko church, and I met from 1:30-4pm...
We poured over copies of my Journey of Faith that I typed up for almost 2 hours (followed by tea, of course). Hashing out God's story woven English into an understanding in Japanese. An understanding that God had in mind... because some things simply wouldn't be translated, so we had to figure it out in a round about way - always fun. ;) And at the end of it... well, we didn't finish. Next month. But anyway, at the end of our time together the ladies were excited and "deeply moved." And I was deeply moved at the work of God's hand. He's the one that's doing the moving. :) They "can't wait till next month." grins Me niether.

#2
My best friend in Japan, Naoko.
I met her at 5pm, and we went iceskating and then out to eat - okonomiaki! (one of my favorite foods here!)
4 hours of delving deeper and deeper into who God is and how he makes himself known in and through and inspite of us.

"What happens if God doesn't exist?" Well... nothing, I suppose. But I cannot believe that he doesn't exist. Because he's touched my heart and I've seen his presence in my life and in the life of others in such ways that will not allow me to deny his existence... "What are some examples...?"
"Why do some people in the Old Testament ask God to kill their enemies?"
"Is there a wrong way to pray?"
"How do you pray?"
"What are your hofu - New Year's Resolutions?"
"Do you study Christianity in high school?" Well... yes and no...
"Why is it important for Christians to get married in the church?"
"What was the Rachel in the Bible like? Why did your parents choose that name for you? Why is Jesus called the Good Shepherd?"
"Do you date to get married later? Only Christian guys?"
"I want to be a doctor that works with women, but that means the majority of my work will be performing abortions... I don't know what to do... [question in her eyes, a pleading]"
"What about the subsequent rise in single mothers... and babies who will be born handicapped?"
Psalm 139
"Doctors are supposed to be..." healers, preserving and saving life... "not taking it..."
It would take more pages than I have space for or time to write to recall all we talked about. Let's just say it was good. Very very good. And I'll elaborate when it's not 1 am. :)
She wants me to come to the hospital that she ends up being a doctor at (she's almost finished with med school) and teach all the doctors and patients about Jesus and God's Word... She said "Japan needs Christianity." wow.... wow. God... is really amazing...

"Next week can you teach me about David, "the man after God's heart"?
Of course.

So, yes! Next Sunday we meet again! yay! 5pm. To do a little karaokeing! grins hehehe And of course, a "Bible study" of our own... again delving deeper and deeper into who God is...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, Rach. Now my heart is full for you. I love you muchly muchly muchly!!