1.21.2006

Everyone, meet Clippy the Purple People Eater Clip



this is the newest addition to my family, er... i mean, my... uh... whatever. grins

so, the problems - that is, MY problems - with computers, and technology in general, seem to be endless. take, for example, this newest "development." my broken usb port. that i broke even more in trying to fix. (suggestion for all those people out there with just as little techie know-how as me - DON'T try to fix your broken computers. BAD idea.) so i took it took Dean - great missionary friend here (like a dad, and slightly older than my own), who looked at me incredulously when i told him that i "tried to bend the little wire thingy back the way it was supposed to be - you know - like the other 3." and it was working too!!! until it broke off... (sheepish and slightly shame-faced) he gave me a "dad look" and asked me if i had turned off my laptop before sticking my needle-nose pliers into the usb port. (grins) of course i turned it off! and then he took me to the denki (an electronic store that has just about anything you might look for) and being the crazy computer expert that he is (something i can never dream of being) found me a usb-something-or-other-that-is-all-capital-letters-that-i-will-never-in-my-life-remember-card to stick in my "slot." for simplicity sake, i call it my USB card. i don't know why they don't just call it that. it'd certainly make my life a lot easier (and also anyone who just read that - - - sentence). AND, coming to the point of the title of this blog, that is where i found Clippy the Purple People Eater Clip - my clipdrive (clipdrive was simply WAY too boring). i feel like he should be a gangsta or something.

so, everyone!... meet Clippy! grins (i feel like i've crossed some sort of threshold in computer technology... wow. exhilarating.) ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so hey, never ask a techie from a few thousand miles away what to do, especially one with a propensity to be adventurous... hehehe. sorry i guided you into the process of breaking your usb port. but hey, you wouldn't have had the chance to come up with colorful names for a clipdrive if you didn't break your usb thingie, right?

Whitfield said...

hehe he
most eternally grateful!
grins

Anonymous said...

hey, so i got called back to work this past monday - which means i can't visit! =( also means i have to wake up before 6 every morning once again. ah well, i think i'll survive.

in other news my parents got me a Farsi Rosetta Stone for paying off half my loans, so i'll be using that the next few months to re-learn persian. =) Awesomeness!

Michelle said...

Once when my sisters and I were little we were watching a parade on TV. And they had the Purple People Eater. And it was amazing. These people would get into this little school bus, and this creature on the float would lift it up to his mouth, and tip it over, and the people would fall out of the schoolbus into his mouth. I think there was a slide inside of him, cause then they would slide out of his stomach at the bottom of the float, climb back into the bus, and do it all again.

So all that to say, watch out if Clippy ever grows up.

And I definitely think he's way cuter than the stupid paperclip guy on microsoft word that somehow is supposed to solve life's problems.