1.12.2006

hahaha!

So, today I went to the dentist to get the hole checked where yesterday my wisdom tooth had been. All ok. "ides" (it's good). And I was told my teeth were good.

And then the dentist took a sample of the plaque between my teeth and showed me on a microfied slide the little bacterias that were swimming around my mouth (actually only found one in this particular sample, may it die quickly and not proliferate). He then asked me if he could... hehehehe "clean my room." Sure thing! Have at! Clean away! You can clean my room any day!

grins

And get this. All of this - wisdom tooth hole check and cleaning, bacteria show extraordinaire and subsequent cleaning cost a grand total of 810 yen. About 10 bucks.

Can I get my teeth done in Japan for the rest of my life??? Please!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey rachel! why have a boring mouth when you can breed colonies in it? you never know what might impress those japanese guys there.

you can have the same thing done for half the cost here in chiang mai... muwehehe! hey, they're not removing my wisdom tooth tonight. forgot i am supposed to lead chapel tomorrow, and i don't think it's a good idea to do that with half my face numb.

miss hanging out with you in japan!
sam

tskd said...

Holy toledo Rach, you're a quarter chipmunk. Why only one tooth? Did you get drugs? And why is it so expensive to get anything done on your teeth in this durn country but not in other places? So strange...I hope you're hanging in there! Do your students make fun of you? The last time I got a filling (2 at once, one on each side of my mouth, so two shots of novacaine), I was in the car afterwards, trying to put on chapstick and I just didn't feel like the chapstick was doing anything. So I turned around to my sister and she burst out laughing becuase apparently I had chapstick all over everywhere. Watch out for when you can't feel anything!!!

I get to see you in 4 months!!!

Michelle said...

Wow, Rach, if it's that cheap to do your teeth in Japan, perhaps I should buy a plane ticket to visit you and get my teeth cleaned...seems like it could almsot be cheaper to go that route :) Once upon a time I was going to go to the dentist over Christmas but it didn't work out, so it has now officially been seven (?) or eight (?) years since I've been to the dentist...is that bad?